Enthusiastic Assistant Language Teacher eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Clear understanding of interpersonal communication and teamwork with experience in Japanese to English translation. Motivated to learn, grow and excel in translation and marketing.
Assistant Language Teacher
Nakatosa Board of Education
日本, 高知県, Nakatosa
- Coordinated with Japanese teachers to plan, prepare and conduct 16 classes a week at 3 junior high schools, 1 elementary school, and 1 kindergarten.
- Researched new and modern teaching methods for English.
- Designed and utilized innovative multimedia presentations using videos, music, games, and slideshows.
- Team-taught lessons with teachers to provide varying teaching styles.
- Co-developed and presented published curriculum for use in elementary schools across 17 districts.
- Selected to present demonstration class and workshop at 2017-2018 JTE/ALT Kochi Mid-year Conference.
- Translated multiple art listings from Japanese to English for the Nakatosa Town Museum of Art.
- Organized school broadcasts in English answering Japanese questions and requests for more English exposure.
- Was given spotlight column bi-monthly written in Japanese in local newspaper in efforts of promoting internationalization at community level.
- Translated city hall materials, including data entry forms, letters, from Japanese to English.
California State University of Fullerton
Bachelor of Arts 場所 Japanese
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Dean's List Fall 2013, Fall & Spring 2014 ~ 2016
- Study abroad at Okayama University 2015 - 2016
- Received JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) scholarship.
日本, 高知県, Nakatosa
- Participated in local neighborhood meetups to share American culture.
- Joined local wadaiko group for 3 years and performed at several venues and served as a interpreter for members from foreign countries.
- Assisted in setting up and performing at local festivals.
- Advised youth basketball players at school in preparation for prefectural tournaments.
Teaching Business English Certificate
TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Certificate
Passed N2 Level Japanese Language Proficiency Test