- Strong interest in and enthusiasm for child-centered, forest school approach to early childhood education and early second language acquisition.
- Interest in working in an international environment in a rural island of Japan.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and a strong team working ethos with the ability to work collaboratively with Japanese and international staff.
- A flexible and open-minded attitude to the existing work and creating new opportunities; a positive attitude toward working in Japan and in the Pasona environment.
- Punctual, organized, able to work independently and interdependently.
- Native English speaker or native level English speaker with extensive experience in childcare environment.
- Qualifications and past experiences in the following areas recommended: ESL or EFL (esp. early SLA), forest school, nature center/outdoor education, Montessori, Reggio Emilia approach, early childhood education.
- Recommended but not required: Japanese driver’s license, Japan Red Cross First Aid training
- Japanese language ability NOT REQUIRED
Responsibilities will include
- Working with the English language team to develop and implement the original AKG curriculum.
- Teaching live and online classes to both children and adults.
- Working with staff from many different countries to provide an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Outdoor maintenance and innovation.
- Helping with whole team duties to ensure AKG runs smoothly and safely.
Take a look at what we do!
Visit our website!