I’m a multimedia journalist and communications expert with a decade of experience covering and editing stories on everything from art and human rights to business and technology. I speak five languages and have worked in Hong Kong, Japan, China, Singapore, Europe, Turkey, Cuba, and the UAE. I’m committed to telling human stories that help us understand the intersections of people and culture.
中華人民共和国香港特別行政区, Hong Kong
- Led digital operations from Tokyo and worked closely with editorial leadership across bureaus to develop a digital content strategy and produce cross-platform stories ahead of Tokyo 2020.
- Worked independently and liaised with colleagues and teams from regional bureaus to generate ambitious coverage plans and write and edit news and feature stories across CNN sections.
- Pre-taped interviews for on-air, did live hits, and appeared on radio shows and responded to media requests to promote CNN’s work.
- Pre-planned and helped develop news and feature publishing coverage plans.
- Managed budget, travel, and accommodation for crew members on shoots in China and Japan.
- Developed sources and deepened business, current affairs, health, and technology awareness.
- Oversaw the workflow and multiplatform rollout strategy for a documentary on Japan’s imperial family and led a team of producers, designers, and editors to work effectively under pressure.
- Curated and edited CNN’s homepages across desktop/mobile/apps. Prepared the platforms for EMEA wakeup. Wrote breaking news and features alerts. Used real-time audience data to ensure maximum reach and shape strategy on growing key markets.
- Checked image use and sensitive articles with standards and legal teams before publication.
- Liaised with SEO teams to drive search traffic to online articles, selected compelling visuals for them, and managed CNN’s social media accounts on the weekends.
- Produced web video, including a sponsored series on hacking, robotics, and medical innovations. Collaborated with VICE agencies and talent.
- Wrote and researched original content for all of VICE’s sections.
- Generated feature ideas for Motherboard’s theme weeks. Launched two successful columns on the intersections of people, tech, and international development.
- Organized two reporting trips to Japan in 2015 and 2016.
- Collaborated with colleagues from VICE’s global offices (Mexico, Poland, Japan) to identify stories and promote the brand.
- Shortlisted in 2016 for the Words by Women Award.
- Dealt with high-speed conference reporting during WIRED HEALTH.
- Honed online production skills and knowledge of CMS systems and SEO. Wrote and copy-edited online content on business, space, health, and tech. Shot video and photography.
- Managed social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter. Helped launch the WIRED morning newsletter.
- Interviewed high-profile figures, including Will.i.am, Keith Wood (CMO of Unilever), Matt Brittin (VP of Google UK).
- Represented WIRED at conferences, events, and meetups and expanded WIRED’s network.
- Traveled across Turkey and searched out previously untold human-interest stories in the predominantly Kurdish region of SE Turkey and along the Syrian border.
- Developed excellent communication, conflict resolution, organizational, and planning skills while working under intense pressure/conflict situations. Negotiated interview time with key officials. Researched, copy-edited, and wrote articles on arts and culture and the environment.
- Launched a video section; shot, edited, and packaged multimedia clips using Final Cut Pro.
- Oversaw and produced the weekly expat page, which featured interviews with business leaders.
University of Oxford
Masters degree 場所 Visual, material and museum anthropology
Thesis on Mexican photography.
Ecole Normale Superieure de Lettres et Sciences Humaines
Year abroad 場所 Cinema and visual anthropology
- Writer for ‘Trafic’ – an interdisciplinary photo-writing/poetry publication.
- Cinema, documentary, and visual anthropology studies.
- Video editing team: The documentary on the ‘making of le projet serpent.’ Project in partnership with the École du Louvre (Paris), La Musée du Quai Branly and the Musée des Confluences.
University of Cambridge
BA Honors 場所 Modern and medieval languages (French, Spanish and Portuguese language, literature and film)