I’ve always taken commitments and challenges very seriously, having worked in variety of situations- from managing and training seasonal staff for professional events, to working as part of the newly formed innovation department in one of the world’s largest insurance companies, FM Global. My business education and management background, combined with my experience of English tutoring at a university level, has granted me the skills and knowledge I’d require to excel at being an English teacher in Japan.
Business Innovation Analyst
• Identified pain points and bottlenecks within company processes, and traced policy errors to the value analysis phase in underwriting
• Researched upcoming technologies and innovative solutions such AI and machine learning
algorithms to increase company efficiency and reduce margin of error
• Drafted weekly reports compiling information from Innovation team members, and templated presentations on potential changes for other departments and management
Rhode Island College
• Assisted college students (aged 18 – 45) in writing academic papers and presentation skills
• Identified students’ learning difficulties and developed lessons and techniques to accommodate their needs
• Met repeatedly with struggling students and aided them throughout the semester, which allowed them to successfully pass their courses
Newport Harbor Corporation
• Managed and trained seasonal staff/labor for professional events of varying sizes and locations, such as weddings, business dealings, etc.
• Worked directly under the Director of Food and Beverage in coordination of timely delivery of event specific furniture, decorations, equipment; proper setup and execution, and ensured client satisfaction of experiences
• Cataloged and maintained restaurant chain’s warehouse inventory of equipment and décor for use in future events and venues
International TEFL Academy
Certificate 場所 Teaching English as a Foreign Language