〈Main job openings〉
【Early Childhood Education/English as Foreign Language Teacher - Bilingual Forest Daycare/Kindergarden】
New business development for local revitalization departments and innovation team.
〈Nature of business〉
【Start Up, Management and Education at Bilingual Forest Daycare/Kindergarten】
English language daycare in the forest school educational style.
- To plan and manage for the delivery of the AKG educational system and goals.
- To plan, prepare and deliver English learning activities in both classroom and free outdoor play settings in accordance with the AKG educational philosophy.
- To plan, prepare and deliver lessons, workshops, and making of the materials that support the above English learning experiences. These may include, but not limited to: adult classes, staff and intern training, and writing articles and internet postings.
- To plan, prepare and deliver the English aspect of outreach and PR events.
- To plan, prepare, deliver and/or oversee the English aspect of all outreach PR materials and activities.
- To support licensed childcare staff in caring for and supervising children in the classroom and outdoor areas as needed.
- To administer basic first aid as the need arises.
- To organize, plan, prepare and deliver staff training in English language and usage as necessary.
- To undertake all duties reasonably requested by the Director.
〈Type of employment〉
Permanent employee or Contract employee
Vocational school, Junior college, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate
〈Eligible graduation year〉
Those who are graduating in Fall 2019, in 2020 (estimated) or already graduated
〈Foreign employment history〉
Experienced in foreign employee recruitment.
〈Place of employment〉
Determined by job position
2 days off per week
Health insurance, pension plan, employment insurance, employees' accident insurance, long-term care insurance.
transportation allowance, free meal opportunities, dormitory, benefit station.
Cafeteria points (120,000 to 140,000 JPY per annum), Commuting allowance, Family allowance (support), Sales allowance, Overtime allowance, Retirement allowance.
- Strong interest in and enthusiasm for child-centered, forest school approach to early childhood education and early second language acquisition.
- Interest in working in an international environment in a rural island of Japan.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and a strong team working ethos with the ability to work collaboratively with Japanese and international staff.
- A flexible and open-minded attitude to the existing work and creating new opportunities; a positive attitude toward working in Japan and in the Pasona environment.
- Punctual, organized, able to work independently and interdependently.
〈Language, qualifications, necessary skills, etc.〉
- Native English speaker or native level English speaker with extensive experience in childcare environment.
- Qualifications and past experiences in the following areas recommended: ESL or EFL (esp. early SLA), forest school, nature center/outdoor education, Montessori, Reggio Emilia approach, early childhood education.
- Recommended but not required: Japanese driver’s license, Japan Red Cross First Aid training
- Japanese language ability NOT required.
Submission review (resume, entry sheet, video introduction) > Visits and trials > Job offer