Thank you for visiting our job description page! We are a Tokyo-based digital media company, and we are actively recruiting people who meet our criteria.
We are looking for highly skilled writers in the United Kingdom who can write English articles and can work with our team for the long term.
￥10,000 per article (before any taxes and commissions)
※This job description is for a sample article that we ask you to write as part of our screening process. If you pass the screening, we will pay you ￥550 for the article.
【About our Website: mybest】
We produce articles in English introducing products from various categories, including home electronics, cosmetics, and other daily necessities. We tend to choose the product you write about, though you’re free to give us a list of preferences and topics you want to avoid, and we’ll do our best to accommodate your wishes. It’s a good chance to research and learn about new things.
Our Website: https://mybest-gb.uk/
About Us: https://mybest-gb.uk/about-us/
Administrator site (Japanese): https://my-best.com/company
Basically, our articles are made up of two parts: a "How to Choose" section (a.k.a. buying guide) and a "Recommended Products Ranking" section. Your work will be to do research and then to come up with an outline for the “How to Choose” section. Once it’s approved, you will write the article itself.
When you write these articles, you will be expected to put yourself in a buyer’s shoes—if you were shopping for a product, what kind of questions would you have? (About material, about quality, about different variations of a product.) Your “How to Choose” section should answer these questions, and leave the reader with a complete set of instructions on how to choose the best anything for them.
As for the "Recommended Products Ranking" section, your work will be to research the best products available online in your country and to rank them.
【Example of an Actual Article】
We expect 2000-3000 words per article.
We will publish our articles in the UK, so we are hiring writers familiar with the culture and customs of the United Kingdom.
Specifically, you should:
- Be able to submit at least two articles per week (excluding breaks for trips and such-- expect to put in about 15-20 hours a week)
- Have good communication skills
- Be a native English speaker
- Be familiar with the culture of the UK
- Be able to communicate through video call
- Be able to submit a writing sample for our screening process
- Have basic computer skills
【Points We Look Out For】
* Writing skill (Style, organization, Clarity, Grammar, etc.)
* Research skills (Quantity and Quality, Accuracy, Persuasiveness, Usefulness, Originality, etc.)
* Professionalism (Lack of typographical errors, compliance with our provided writing guidelines)
* Eagerness to be of help to readers
【Our Writing Job is Recommended for People Who...】
・Spend hours reading Wiki pages in pursuit of new knowledge
・Are full of curiosity
・Have a wide range of hobbies
・Are specialists in certain areas
- The first stage will be the document screening.→You must provide your age, current occupation, past writing experience, and how many hours you can work per week.
- If you pass the first screening, you will be required to write a sample article in English on Word. If you pass the test, we will pay ￥550 (including tax and commission) for the article.
- After you submit your sample article, we will inform you of the results of your application.
- If you are successful, we will conduct a video call to pass on important information, such as how to accept and submit articles.
【When Applying 】
In your application, answer the following questions honestly:
- Introduce yourself
- What days and at what times can you work per week?
- In total, how many hours can you work per week?
Please attach files that demonstrate your skills and experience if you have them.