Thank you for visiting our job description page! We are a Tokyo-based digital media company, and we are actively recruiting people who meet our criteria.
We're looking for highly-skilled writers to craft original articles in English for our American site. The articles consist mainly of a ranking of products and a buying guide. You will be expected to do research on your own, draft an outline, and then write the final piece.
10,000 yen (about $95) per article (includes all taxes and commissions)
※This JD is for a sample article that we ask you to write as part of our screening process. If you pass the screening, we will pay you 550 yen (about $5) for the article.
- Our articles are for an US audience, so we are hiring writers familiar with the culture and customs of America. Specifically, you should:
- Be able to submit at least two articles per week (Excluding breaks for trips and such--expect to put in about 15-20 hours a week)
- Have good communication skills
- Be a native English speaker
- Be able to communicate through video call
- Be able to submit a writing sample for our screening process
- Have basic computer skills
【Points We Look Out For】
* Writing skill (Style, organization, Clarity, Grammar, etc.)
* Research skills (Quantity and Quality, Accuracy, Persuasiveness, Usefulness, Originality, etc.)
* Professionalism (Lack of typographical errors, compliance with our provided writing guidelines, ect.)
* Eagerness to be of help to readers
【Our Writing Job is Recommended for People Who...】
・Spend hours reading Wiki pages in pursuit of new knowledge
・Are full of curiosity
・Have a wide range of hobbies
・Are specialists in certain areas, like gadgets
1. The first stage will be the document screening.
→You must provide your age, current occupation, past writing experience, and how many hours your can work per week. Please also link us to or attach a writing sample. This writing sample can be a published piece you did for another company, a personal blog, or a university essay--pretty much anything that demonstrates your writing ability. You can also turn in a resume, but it's not mandatory.
2. If you pass the first screening, you will be required to write an sample article in English on Word. If you pass the test, we will pay $5 (including tax and commission) for the article.
3. After you submit your sample article, we will inform you of the results of your application.
4. If you are successful, we will conduct a video call to pass on important information, such as how to accept and submit articles.